50 Super Hair Growth Tips!
1. Use a moisturizing conditioner after every shampoo.
2. Apply a hot oil treatment or coconut oil before washing your hair.
3. Avoid using excessive heat for daily styling.
4. Never brush wet hair.
5. Don't over process your hair.
6. Massage your scalp daily.
7. Deep condition at least once a month.
8. Trim split ends when needed.
9. Take a multi-vitamin that nourishes the hair. (ex. Biotin, B-6, Inositol, Folic Acid)
10. Wrap your hair with a satin scarf or sleep on a satin pillow case.
11. Protect your hair from the sun.
12. Put conditioner on your hair before you go swimming.
13. Rinse and condition your hair immediately after swimming.
14. Exercise 30 minutes at least 3 times a week.
15. Moisturize your ends daily.
16. Eat ten raw almonds a day.
17. Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day.
18. Consume fresh fruits and raw vegetables daily.
19. Detangle hair from ends to roots.
20. Wear preventive hair styles whenever possible.
21. Avoid bleach, hair dyes with metallic salts and henna.
22. Don't relax your hair right after taking out braids.
23. Don't relax and dye your hair on the same day.
24. Don't leave in hair weaves/braids for more than two months.
25. Always use protective oil before blow drying or pressing.
26. Wet set rather than blow dry hair.
27. Only use wide-tooth combs to detangle hair.
28. Never allow hair to be pulled too tightly.
29. Relax your hair line last.
30. Allow your hair to air dry often.
31. Add adequate protein to your diet.
32. Gently untangle knots from your hair. Do not rip them out.
33. Pursue growth with passion.
34. Use a detangler when combing out your hair.
35. Part your hair in 4 sections when combing out.
36. Decrease or eliminate the intake of caffeine, carbonated sodas, smoking, alcohol and foods high in sugar or trans-fat.
37. Get at least 6-9 hours of sleep.
38.Use "hair-friendly" accessories, avoid snagging your hair
39. Use bobby pins with rounded tips to avoid piercing the scalp.
40. Cycle hair treatments: deep conditioning, moisturizing, strengthening.
41. Keep hair away from the neck when working out or sweating heavily.
42. Cycle between hair extension styles. Never wear the same hairstyle continuously.
43. Avoid wearing braids that are too tight.
44. Wear a wig cap to protect your hair when wearing a full wig.
45. Use hair growth vitamins as a supplement to boost your growth rate.
46. Stay away from hair products that are petroleum-based, contain alcohol, and mineral oil.
47. Sit under a dryer when deep conditioning your hair.
48. Rinse hair with cool water. This will seal the hair shaft.
49. Use a leave-in conditioner.
50. Clean your comb and brush regularly.
Reasons for Hair Breakage
Depleted hair because of perms, hair color, etc.
Lack of Moisture in hair
Harsh Hair Products that strip hair of moisture
Missing Amino Acids, Enzymes and certain vitamins in your diet
Split ends caused by lack of nutrition inside hair
High Levels of DHT (A hair loss hormone)
Over processed / Damaged Hair
Top Foods to Promote Faster Hair Growth
Beware of carbonated drinks, caffeine, fat and sugar! They block healthy nutrients from entering our system.